http://mylikes.com/signup? token=25champ

Friday, January 8, 2010

My First Crush: The Perfect Girl

I remember like it was yesterday when I had my first crush. I was in the 6th grade and her name was Toi Barnhardt. Wow! She was the perfect girl and I don’t mean sexy like I hear some of young guys talking. I mean cute, sweet, everything that a girl in the 6th grade should be. I thought she was the best thing since sliced bread and assume everybody around me was crazy for not liking her. It’s true! She was so clearly this perfect, amazing girl and I was honestly so confused with the fact that she wasn’t swarmed with pre-pubescent boys, that I tried to examine her critically, looking for flaws that I hadn’t seen before. Unsuccessful at this attempt to find something wrong her, I realized that people have different taste. In the 6th grade that was a profound message to me. She may have been the perfect girl to me, but that doesn’t mean that she was perfect for everyone else! Anyways….I was shy and I didn’t say anything to her, but I did give her some fries and a piece of my primetime pizza at lunch. That’s pretty much the sum of our relationship. I guess I didn’t have my swag yet lol. In some way it was pretty naïve for me to think that everyone would like this girl, but another way it was to me really romantic you know? I thought she was, objectively, the best girl ever!

13 comments:

  1. JStar I'm with you so sweet!
    Reading this really made me smile, taking me back to one of many of my 6th grade crushes. Also just to let you know I din't get my swagger unitl the 7th grade, to despite what you've read LOL...

    Great Post,
    Meagan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww....you shared your lunch...how SWEEEET. I feel you though, everybody has different chemistry with people. What you might find adorable somebody else might not even see. Back down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this bruh. It speaks of a time where love was truly innocent.

    Too funny @ I was shy and I didn’t say anything to her, but I did give her some fries and a piece of my primetime pizza at lunch. That’s pretty much the sum of our relationship.

    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Don... It's was definetly innocent. I was just cool wit just being around her. Nothing more Nothing less.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this! I still remember my first crush too... I don't think we ever forget...it's all new & unchartered territory when we first experience attraction! It feels good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Katherine.... I remember it like yesterday. Thanks 4 stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That type of innocence is so beautiful. This post made me smile. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Mizrepresent....Yes it's pretty rare these days. I hear 6th graders calling others girls sexy.It's crazy. Thanky 4 stopping by as always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mine was a boy called Steven who was the only one who could beat me in a spelling test. Ahh...young love. Thanks for the memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Maxine Beneba Clarke....no prblm :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog